Monday, November 25, 2013

Mushroom & Rice Bake with Cheese

I'm not the best food photographer, but this dish is soooooo good & tasty, I'll definitely make this again, and it's easy too which is important for me. :)

coconut oil for frying
400g brown mushrooms, chopped up
1 large onion, well chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
2 eggs
1 cup smooth cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 - 1/2 cup grated cheddar (or whatever cheese you like)
  • heat over to 180 degree C.  Get a baking dish ready of more or less 9x13 in.
  • heat oil and fry mushrooms with some salt to taste.  Stir now and again until mushrooms have released their liquid and have browned a bit
  • add onion and cook for about 5 mins until they're translucent, then remove from heat and add cooked rice - mix well
  • in another bowl, whisk together eggs, cottage cheese,sour cream & salt.
  • combine egg mix with rice mixture and mix to combine well, then pour into baking dish
At this point, this dish is actually ready to eat just as is!  It's delicious and if you're in a hurry or whatever, you don't even need to do any further steps - in fact I don't think I will next time - if I do this though I'll leave out he egg, I see no reason why that can't be left out entirely.
  • sprinkle cheese on top, cover with tin foil & bake for 30 mins
 Yum yum yum is all I can say . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment