Monday, December 16, 2013

Coconut Vanilla Pudding

I used a vanilla cake box mix to make this pudding, and it turned out so yum. :)
It's a cake mix but I made a pudding out of it.  I used a gluten-free vanilla mix and added my own wet ingredients in place of what the box said, and I'm impressed. :D  Here goes:

1 Orgran vanilla cake box mix (available at Dischem)
1 can coconut milk (400ml)
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
15ml veggie oil
  • pour coconut milk into mixing bowl, add cake mix & mix with a fork to combine
  • add desiccated coconut & oil, beat with electric beater on low speed for 1 min
  • beat with electric beater on high speed for 4 mins
  • pour into baking dish (I used a glass dish) and bake for 30 mins at 180 degree C
The vegan instruction on the box say to add 250ml water & 15ml oil.  I added more coconut milk because I thought maybe I need to do so because I added desiccated coconut.  It turned out really moist and you could taste the coconut - I really like it.
And then I decided to spice it up for some difference, and then it became EVEN BETTER!

I poured a little raspberry preserve over the cake and then poured some cream around it and turned it into a double-yummy dessert. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment