Saturday, March 8, 2014

Savoury Chickpea "Bread"

This is the first time I'm using chickpea flour, and it's resulted in an interesting flavour, I think I like it and will try more recipes with it.

1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs ground flax
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup milk (the recipe says not rice milk as it doesn't react well with the vinegar)
1 tbs water
  • preheat oven to 200C and grease a glass dish (I used about 8x5 inch)
  • combine flax with all wet ingredients and whisk very well
  • in a separate bowl combine dry ingredients and mix well, then pour the wet into the dry and mix until well combined
  • pour mixture into greased dish and bake for about 10-12 mins
  • let cool and cut into squares
This is yummy on it's own as an accompaniment to a dish, or, my fave, served with apricot jam, mmmmm . . . 

Recipe credit to Chocolate Covered Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment